Foreigners married to a Thai are eligible to apply for One year Thai marriage visa. The holder of this type of visa (Non-Immigrant O marriage type visa) is eligible to apply for a work permit in Thailand.
(1) The applicant must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). This type of visa can be obtained at a Royal Thai Embassy prior to arrival, or the visa type can be converted in Thailand.
(2) The applicant must have proof of relationship. (Marriage certificate)
(3) The applicant must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year (Thai work permit is required) or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 at least two months before the date of application to cover expenses for one year.
(1) The applicant and Thai spouse must submit the required documents and application at the immigration office. A short interview is required.
(2) After the application has been accepted, 30 days’ permission to stay will be granted for the consideration period. If the applicant wishes to leave Thailand during this period, he/she must apply for a reentry permit.
(3) After 30 days the applicant must return to the immigration office to receive a one- year visa stamp in passport.
(4) The reentry permit can be obtained once the one-year visa is granted.
To request further information or arrange an obligation-free meeting with one of our legal counsel, please contact us.