The family members of foreigners who obtain a valid visa and are permitted to stay in Thailand are eligible to apply for a dependent visa if they meet the requirement below:
(1) The applicant must be a family member of a foreigner permitted a temporary stay in Thailand under a Business visa, Investment visa, Teaching visa, Research visa, Skilled Labour visa or a Retirement visa.
(2) The applicant must have been granted a Non-Immigrant visa (NON-IM).
(3) Must have proof of relationship:
- In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure with necessary documentation such as a marriage certificate.
- In the case of children, adopted children, or a spouse’s children, the children must not be married, must live with the applicant as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age.
- In the case of parents, the father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.
Note: Holders of dependent visa are not allowed to work in Thailand.
To request further information or arrange an obligation-free meeting with one of our legal counsel, please contact us.